The page here will provide (and be updated with) guidance for UK businesses exporting to Vietnam from 1 January 2021.
- The EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) entered into force on 1 August 2020. Please see the attached guide.
- Under the Withdrawal Agreement, British businesses can benefit from this during the transition period, until 31 December 2020.
- Government is seeking trade continuity of the EVFTA, transitioning it into a new bilateral FTA. Government is working closely with the Vietnam Government to have this in place by the end of the transition period.
- Importantly, the Trade Continuity approach is a technical exercise, only making changes to ensure the agreement remains operable in a UK-only context.
- A reminder that a list of trade agreements the UK has already signed; and continues Trade Continuity discussions with can be found here.
Further information can be found here tradoc_154622