Please see below today’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Readiness Bulletin.
Issue 3 – 17 March 2020
The Chancellor of the Exchequer will provide further advice for business today, Tuesday 17 March. Further information and links to the Chancellor’s statement will be circulated in tomorrow’s bulletin.
- The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented international border closures and other restrictions. All countries may restrict travel without notice. Please continue to check FCO travel advice on GOV.UK for the latest updates.
NEW – COVID-19: guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people
- New guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable people has been published. It advises on social distancing measures we should all be taking to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Employees should work from home, where possible; avoid large gatherings; and avoid non-essential use of public transport. Everyone should try to follow these measures as much as is pragmatic. Those who are over 70, have an underlying health condition or are pregnant, are strongly advised to follow the advice.
- New guidance has been published for households with possible infection. You can find more information
- Businesses should read and follow the online guidance for employees, employers and businesses. If you have a query that isn’t covered by this guidance you can contact the Business Support Helpline on: 0300 456 3565
- The Small Business Minister and Small Business Commissioner are calling on the UK’s big businesses to speed up payments to their small business suppliers wherever they can to ease COVID-19 related cash flow issues. You can find more information here.
NEW and Updated COVID-19 industry guidance
- Following last week’s shift to the ‘delay’ phase of the action plan new and updated industry guidance has been published for specific sectors.
NEW – Production and supply of ventilator components
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is looking for organisations who can support in the supply of ventilators and ventilator components across the United Kingdom as part of the government’s response to COVID-19. If your business can help with the Prime Minister’s call for ventilator production, please visit https://ventilator.herokuapp.comto register your details.
The latest GOV.UK guidance regarding COVID-19 is available for further reference.
May I also remind you to please send us any updates on how COVID- 19 is impacting upon your business.
Many thanks, and wishes for good health
Ayesha and Veronica